Books or other Reading
- History of the 5th Battery, 2nd NZA/FA Brigade 1914-1918, Whitcombe & Tombs, Christchurch, 192?
- Maj.-Gen. Sir L.J. Blenkinsop and Lt-Col. J.W. Rainey (eds), History of the Great War based on official documents: veterinary services, HM’s Stationery Office, London, 1925
- Terry Kinloch, Devils on horses: in the words of the Anzacs in the Middle East 1916–19, Exisle, Auckland, 2007
- Terry Kinloch, Echoes of Gallipoli: in the words of New Zealand’s Mounted Riflemen, Exisle, Auckland, 2005
- Don Mackay (ed.), The troopers’ tale: the history of the Otago Mounted Rifles, Turnbull Ross, Gore, 2012
- Julia Millen, Salute to service: a history of the Royal New Zealand Corps of Transport and its predecessors 1860-1996, Victoria University Press, Wellington, 1997, pp. 96-106
- Marcus Wilson, A history of New Zealand’s military horse: the experience of the horse in the Anglo-Boer War and World War One, University of Canterbury, 2007